Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Photo Critique

1. I enjoy this photograph although I find the odd angle of the ridgeline to be distracting from the main focus of the photograph - it leads my eye away from the rolling fog instead of towards it. The small building in the middle of the frame is also distracting. The colors in the photo are also distracting, as there is red in the foreground and pale blue in background with a vibrant blue in between.

2. I do not find much wrong with the photo. The squirrel's face and hands are in focus, as that is the main subject of the photo and the most important part. I think it's position in the air makes it a unique shot, as well as a humorous one. The log in the middle of the frame that is out of focus is a little distracting. I would either prefer for some of it to be in focus, or perhaps for it not to be included at all.

3. While this photo has very nice and vibrant colors, I find it to be far too blurry. The artist was able to establish a focal point on the large rocks, but the blurred clouds in the background and the shaky rocks in the foreground take away from that. This photo may be better if cropped such that the smaller, blurry rocks in the foreground were not included. The large rock on the left side would then lead the viewer's eye into the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment